If you are planning to rent a golf cart for your vacation, you need to be sure that you are choosing the best and most suitable golf cart for you and your family. Dealers will tell you that their golf carts have gone through a thorough service inspection before being rented. Despite this guarantee, you still want to make sure that you are renting a high-quality golf cart that is safe.
Important considerations when inspecting rental golf cart
- Brake systems should be functioning properly.
- Cables should be in good condition and are able to move freely.
- The brake pedal should have a full range of free movement.
- Brake shoes and drums should be clean and in good condition.
- Every part of the brake system should be properly adjusted.
- Check for any signs of wear to the steering parts.
- Have the golf car placed onto a lift and jack up the front end. This will allow you to properly check the condition of the bushings that are located at the front of the golf car. These include the kingpin bushings, control arm bushings, and leaf spring bushings. All bushings should be in good condition.
- Ensure that the front end is properly aligned to prevent unnecessary tire wear. A properly aligned golf cart tracks straight.
- All four tires should be in good condition and properly threaded.
- The sidewalls of each tire should not be cracked and should easily hold air.
Additionally, if you are renting an electric golf cart, make sure that it has undergone a full electric service, and its battery should have been tested for discharge. This ensures that the battery pack is in good condition and gives you an estimate of its remaining lifespan.